Arancini are Italian rice balls stuffed and coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried. Sometimes they have tasty things inside – like Toonish!
- 1 yellow onion
- 350 g risottorice
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 dl white wine
- 1 dice of broth
- 10-11 dl water
- Fresh basil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 dl of grated parmesan cheese
- 30 g of butter (vegan)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pack of Toonish tomato
- 2 dl breadcrumbs
- Rapeseed oil for deep frying
- 0,5 sl chick pea spade
- 4 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2,5 dl rapeseedoil
- 2 teaspoons of truffle oil
- Truffle salt, salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop basil, onion and grate lemon zest.
- Heat up olivoil in a pot, fry onions 2 min, add risotto rice and fry another minute.
- Add white wine and bring to the boil. Crumble one bouillon cube and add a little water at a time, stirring, until all the water has boiled in and the risotto rice is cooked through. The risotto is ready after 18-20 minutes. Stir in the basil and lemon zest after half the time.
- Turn down butter and grated parmesan cheese. Taste with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper. Let cool.
- Mix the Toonish Tomat and chickpea spade into the risotto. Shape into round balls. Dip in breadcrumbs and place on a platter.
- Fry the arancini balls golden brown in rapeseed oil and let drain on a plate with kitchen paper.