Smörgastårtå means “sandwich cake” and it’s a popular dish in Sweden, Finland, Iceland and Estonia – thought it might be called something different. It’s a large savoury cake made of light breads with fillings in between – perfect for our Toonish Skagen.
- 6 Swedish “landgångsbröd”
- 6 jars Toonish Skagen
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lemon
- Seaweed caviar
- Cut off the edges of the bread and put two pieces of bread next to each other.
- Spread Toonish Skagen over the two breads. Then add another layer of two breads, but in the opposite direction so that the long sides are in line with the short sides of the bottom breads. This is to ensure the cake doesn’t separate. Spread Toonish Skagen over the second layer of bread.
- Place the remaining two breads on top, in the same direction as the bottom breads. Spread the remaining Toonish Skagen on the top and sides of the cake.
- For garnish: Cut off the outer layer of the cucumber on two sides. Then slice the inner part of the cucumber in thin slices and place on the side of the cake.
- Slice the lemon in thin slices and decorate the cake with lemon, dill and seaweed caviar.