Do-It-Yourself Skagen with Toonish Original
- 200g defrosted Toonish original
- 35g vegan caviar
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- Juice from 1/2 squeezed lemon
- 10 grams of grated horseradish
- 10 grams of chopped dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Lemon, dill and caviar for decoration
- 4 slices levain bread
- 2 tbl spoons of plant-based butter
Defrost Toonish approximately 1h before cooking
Save 4 twigs of the dill to garnish before chopping the rest.
Mix Toonish, dill, caviar, horseradish, salt, pepper and the lemon zest and juice in a bowl.
Make sure the Toonish is properly separated to avoid any lumps.
Taste and add more lemon, dill and salt to taste.
Fry the bread in a pan with the vegan butter at medium-low temperature until golden.
Put the mix on each toast. Decorate with a lemon slice, a dash of caviar and dill twig.